KTUU-TV Promotions Producer
Posted on 2013-07-26
By Alaska Broadcasters Association Alaska Broadcasters Association
We are looking for a creative professional who is passionate about doing work that is distinct, innovative and fresh. This isn`t your average promotions position, and we aren`t your average media company. The position of Promotions Producer is an exciting opportunity to join an award-winning team of professionals. For 60 years, Channel 2 has been Alaska`s most watched news source. The station has built a reputation of excellence, producing more than 22-hours of news, weather and sports content each week on television. Online, KTUU.com has become a digital news leader, and Channel 2`s mobile News, Weather and live streaming applications are on the leading edge of mobile journalism in Alaska. Nielsen Media research shows that Channel 2 News products reach approximately 89-percent of the adults who watch local news in a week, and more than 85-percent of those viewers watch Channel 2 News exclusively. That strong reach and brand loyalty are augmented by added distribution to the state`s capital and more than 244 rural communities throughout Alaska. Oh, and if that isn`t enough, we have just begun construction of a state-of-the-art media facility in Anchorage, built to deliver Alaska`s finest HD broadcasts and serve as a springboard into a dynamic future. If all of the above has you boiling over with excitement, then we are interested in hearing from you! The position offers a competitive salary, as well as a comprehensive benefit package, including group health, PTO and 401(k).
The Promotions Producer is responsible for producing, writing and editing news promotions and station brand promotions to increase viewership for the station`s newscasts and special reports. Conceptualize, write and edit material for daily news topical promotions, ongoing special projects and sweeps promotions. Work with News, Marketing and Creative Services departments to deliver innovative, market-leading promotions for Channel 2 News` award-winning stories and special reports. Create compelling and innovative graphics that command attention for news promotions and station branding spots. Develop, write and shoot high-end branding campaigns for broadcast and web. Grow your skills by assisting with commercial client projects. Producer may also be responsible for advanced videography, lighting, sound recording and other duties assigned by the Marketing Director with the goal of increasing brand recognition and ratings.
This positions requires a college degree in Communications or a related field and 3-5 years experience in broadcast, copywriting and/or video production experience. A valid driver`s license with a good driving record is required.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Strong television copywriting skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Adobe, Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop is preferred.
- Lighting and videography skills are preferred.
- Ability to edit using non-linear editing software.
- Creative thinking, strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to details, excellent organizational skills.
- Basic level knowledge of social media.
- Ability to shoot and edit video.
- Working knowledge of audio editing software.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Work well with staff and customers.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to remain positive and foster a positive work environment.
- Must be able to represent TV station in public in a positive, professional manner.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates please visit the following web site: http://www.schurz.com/careers/career-opportunities/?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=1478. NORTHERN LIGHTS MEDIA, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Offers of employment are contingent upon a pre-employment background check.