Posted on 2013-07-26
By CareerPage CareerPage
The primary responsibilities of the Broadcast Engineer are to maintain the studio and transmitter electronic equipment according to manufactures specifications, station policy and FCC regulations. Additional requirements include hands on experience with servicing production equipment (Evertz, Harris, VizRT, etc.) and IP-based systems.
- Knowledge of basic electronics and the electronic theory present in television broadcast equipment. Must have the ability to combine logic, electronic theory, and knowledge of the equipment operation to troubleshoot and repair, analog and digital electronics, computer electronics, mechanical assemblies, and systems used in television station operation.
- Knowledge of computer hardware platforms, operating systems, and software used to operate television station systems.
- Knowledge of hand tools, power tools, and tool safety, and the mechanical ability required to disassemble, troubleshoot, install, customize, and repair electronic equipment.
- Knowledge of test equipment, calibration procedures, and ability to follow alignment procedures.
- TV transmitters, microwave equipment, audio consoles, video switchers, satellite transmitters and receivers, audio and video monitors and associated equipment.
- Maintains signal quality and proper levels throughout the studio and transmitter equipment according to established engineering practices, station policy and FCC regulations.
- Operates, maintains and repairs electronic news-gathering equipment as required.
- Assist operators in proper equipment operation and procedures.
- Repairs and installs computers and peripherals. Maintains computer software and local area networks.
- Develop knowledge of all television equipment and computer systems, and keep abreast of current developments and alignment techniques.
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections, and equipment upgrades. 8
- Maintains maintenance records, and assists in station documentation.
- Orders replacement parts and supplies upon supervisor’s approval. Maintains parts stock and inventory.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
HOW TO APPLY:
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please.
Local TV LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer