Master Control Operator (part-time)
Posted on 2013-07-22
By Louisiana Association of Broadcasters
Baton Rouge, LA
WPXL-TV is seeking an individual to monitor master control equipment to ensure that the correct program is running on the air and complete regulation paperwork, as required. This position reports to Station Operations Manager.
- Operating master control equipment
- Monitor Broadcast signal
- Take transmitter readings
- Recording satellite feeds
- Editing HD Task list and entering into DTP
- Reporting issues to QA
- Compare logs to playlist for accuracy
- PSIP monitoring
- Dubbing tapes
- Ensure station operates within FCC regulation
- Knowledge of EAS procedures
- The capacities to analyze data, to handle, understand and utilize a computer and necessary software.
- The ability to work with multiple button and multi-handle equipment.
- The ability to prepare and update reports and spreadsheets in writing and on the computer.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret broadcasting logs, maintain and update SOP Manuals,
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret corporate policies and procedures, and/or governmental regulations.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time working on master control equipment, looking at a computer screen, ability to bend and carry up to a maximum of 15-20 pounds on occasion, climb on step-stools to reach high shelves.
- Other miscellaneous projects as assigned by Station Operations Manager
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum one year Broadcast television experience required.
- Solid knowledge of electronics and excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to work all shifts, including overnights.
- Ability to communicate with management and co-workers. The ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- When applying, please reference position and location in the subject line.