KTOO Arts, Culture & Music Producer
Posted on 2013-07-22
By Alaska Broadcasters Association Alaska Broadcasters Association
KTOO seeks an experienced multi-media producer to join our new Arts & Culture team as Arts, Culture and Music Producer, responsible for producing special event coverage, music programming, program series and stories for all of KTOO’s public media services, including 360 North, KTOO-FM, KRNN, KXLL, www.ktoo.org and www.360north.org. KTOO is a well-supported, highly visible public media organization with a strong commitment to local, regional and statewide program production. We operate three public radio stations in Juneau (KTOO, KRNN and KXLL), a regional public television station (KTOO-TV), a statewide public affairs television channel (360 North) and an online news service (www.ktoo.org). We are reorganizing to improve and expand content delivery via all of our media platforms, and we are adding staff to help us grow a new Arts & Culture team. Juneau is a small capital city of 30,000 people with the highest per capita education and income levels in state. Located in the heart of the Southeast Alaska panhandle, Juneau is a transportation, retail, medical and service hub with great schools, abundant recreational opportunities and a thriving arts community in a magnificent natural setting. A two hour flight from Seattle, Juneau`s climate is similar to the Pacific Northwest. The weather is wet and mild with summer highs in the 60s and 70s and winter lows in the 20s and 30s. Salary: Range C, starting in the upper 30s to low 40s, depending on experience, plus competitive benefits including paid health insurance, retirement plan, paid leave and holidays.
The Arts, Culture and Music Producer will work closely with the Arts & Culture group to:
- Research, write and report arts, culture and music stories for KTOO News, KRNN, KXLL, 360 North, web and social media.
- Program music for KRNN and/or KXLL.
- Create and produce the format, content, and style of arts, culture and music programs and series.
- Produce special live broadcast and/or web coverage of arts, culture and music events.
- Perform as on-air host for arts, culture and music programs.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Train and manage volunteer music hosts.
- Produce mission related fundraising events.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor`s degree or equivalent in the arts, music, broadcasting or a related field.
- Broad understanding of and appreciation for arts, culture and music in Juneau and beyond.
- Reporting, writing, editing, photography and interviewing skills for broadcast, web or print.
- Ability to present stories in multiple media formats, including radio, TV and web.
- Ability to work under pressure and on deadline.
- Ability to operate standard media production equipment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Deadline: Open until filled with an initial screening of applicants on 8/9/2013. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. To apply: Submit a letter of interest and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. KTOO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.