KTAR PT News Editor #8069
Posted on 2013-07-19
By KPKX, KTAR, KTAR Bonneville International Corporation
Arizona's largest radio newsroom needs a part time editor for the assignment desk! KTAR-FM editors coordinate reporter assignments, listen to the scanners, make beat calls, text and tweet using the station's accounts, conduct phone interviews and much more. On air ability is a plus but is not necessary. You have to be organized, have great news judgment, write great copy and be the person in the newsroom who knows exactly what's going on at any given moment. This part time position requires you to be available mornings or afternoons and the schedule will vary based on vacations and sick relief. It's the perfect "foot in the door" opportunity for an up-and-comer or a great job for someone who just wants to keep their news chops fresh.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
- Two years post high school education in communication/journalism with skills in the following areas: booking guests, broadcast journalism, writing, computer and operational skills, related field, or equivalent.
- Experience in a broadcast journalism environment, professional or collegiate level.
- Knowledge of newswire services and a working knowledge of computer skills.
- Aggressive attitude with a strong desire to advance in the broadcasting media.
- Quick learner who is fully committed to meeting the challenge
- Strong desire to work at the state's largest and most respected radio station.
- Multi-tasking pro. Ability to be organized with the capability to concentrate on more than one event at a time, able to follow written and verbal instructions under moderate supervision.
- Proven ability to work under pressure to meet hourly/daily/weekly deadlines. Ability to be precise and accurate both in announcing and production.
- Self-starter with the ability to assure that shift personnel receive material for broadcast on time as the services performed affect company image, clients, and listening audience. Errors may incur financial or time loss.
- Watch top TV programs (news, sports and pop culture) and read major publications for show content ideas.
- Proven ability to handle stress.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Consistently works hours required. Flexible hours required to meet deadlines including weekends, holidays, evenings, early mornings, etc.
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
HOW TO APPLY:
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website here.