Local Sales Manager
Posted on 2013-07-18
By Louisiana Association of Broadcasters
Baton Rouge, LA
KLFY TV-10, a market leader and top performing in the market, has an immediate opening for a local sales manager. We are looking for a highly motivated manager with a proven track record of success in achieving budgets on multiple platforms including web, mobile and broadcast television.
The candidate will lead a great local sales team in a growing television market. The ideal candidate will have great leadership skills and will be dedicated to building the best local sales staff in Lafayette. They will be focused on growing new direct business and pay close attention to detail.
- Responsible for recruiting, developing and motivating local sales staff.
- Develop and implement revenue generating programs
- Supervise local staff in negotiating, packaging and selling of station inventory
- Generate revenue for the station through increased shares of existing business, the addition of new business and the development of NTR business
- Develop and execute special projects and promotions
- Assist in accurately forecasting revenue throughout year and exceed quarterly and annual budget
- Ability to build strong relationships with local agencies and clients through strong verbal and written communication skills
- Assists the local sales team in developing custom sales presentations and proposals using all available tools
- Assists traffic department in the timely delivery of commercial material and the resolution of schedule irregularities
- Assists in the collection of past-due accounts
- Perform other duties as assigned buy management
We are looking for a highly motivated manager with a proven track record of success in achieving budgets on multiple platforms including web, mobile and broadcast television.
The candidate will lead a great local sales team in a growing television market. The ideal candidate will have great leadership skills and will be dedicated to building the best local sales staff in Lafayette.
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates meeting these requirements should forward their cover letter and resume to: KLFY-TV - Attn: Mike Barras, Vice President/General Manager, P.O. Box 90665, Lafayette, LA 70509
EMAIL to: firstname.lastname@example.org NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Be sure to include your name and the job title in subject line. Please tell us how you found out about this job opening.
KLFY-TV is a drug-free company and requires pre-employment drug testing and background investigations. Young Broadcasting of Louisiana LLC, KLFY-TV is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the hiring, training or promotion of employees because of race, color, religion, sex or national origin. We are engaged in continuing effort to seek out applicants for employment with our company.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER