Posted on 2013-07-15
By KWCH and KSCW Schurz Communications Inc.
Do you enjoy operating behind the camera? Do you excel in television production and editing? Then this job is for you! Sunflower Broadcasting, Inc., consisting of KWCH-TV, KSCW-TV, and satellite stations KBSD-TV, KBSH-TV, KBSL-TV, is currently accepting applications for a part-time Production Tech. The production tech is responsible for operating broadcast production equipment for producing newscasts and other special programming. They are also responsible for camera shots, audio, and technical direction of the newscasts.
KWCH is owned by a wonderful parent company, Schurz Communications, which is headquartered in Mishawaka, IN. More information on Schurz is available via the following link:
- Operates studio camera and Chyron as directed by Producer and/or Director during newscasts or other special programming
- Responsible for operating the teleprompter, controlling the pace
- Use non-linear editing when necessary
- Operate audio board during newscasts or other special programming
- Responsible for the input and recall of all news graphics for daily newscasts and the construction and input of graphic elements for all production in studio and for mobile services
- Communicates instructions to talent and guests during live and live-on-tape productions
- Produce daily/weekly promos
- Must be able to perform routine studio and set maintenance, including regularly checking and changing studio lights
- Responsible to make sure studio is clean, ensure set and talent look their best
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Will be required to operate field cameras and lighting equipment as required while assisting with remote production events
- Operate robotic cameras
- Create on-air graphics
- Responsible for transcription and captioning of programs when required
- Basic knowledge of television production
- Photoshop and After Effects experience a plus.
- Must be able to maneuver studio cameras and pedestals to different heights, locations and angles
- Must be able to perform routine studio and set maintenance, including regularly checking and changing studio lights.
- Working knowledge of studio cameras, Final-Cut Pro, Chyron, and Photoshop
- Basic knowledge of audio levels • Strong initiative and attention to detail is required
- Must be able to follow written and verbal direction
- Excellent listening skills, good communication skills required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google
- Must be flexible to work other shifts
- Must be able to handle high stress situations and pressure deadlines
- Must be able to work with other departments and work well in a team environment
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to remain positive and foster a positive work environment
- Must have an energetic attitude and be able to represent all TV stations in public in a positive, professional manner
This position requires at least 6 months of experience in news operation. The ideal candidate will have a background in a live broadcast environment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates please visit the following web site to apply: http://www.schurz.com/careers/career-opportunities/?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=1459