KTUU-TV Weekend Director
Posted on 2013-07-11
By Alaska Broadcasters Association Alaska Broadcasters Association
KTUU, an award-winning station in Anchorage, Alaska, is seeking a full-time Assistant Weekend Director / Graphics / Audio. This position is responsible for directing newscasts and live or taped special programming. The Assistant Weekend Director will also work with graphics for newscasts.
We`re seeking someone with 1-3 years of experience directing live newscasts with multiple live shots. 3+ years in broadcasting is strongly preferred. Ideal candidate will have a college degree in the related field or comparable industry related experience. A valid driver`s license with a clean driving record is required.
- Must be able to direct and/or technical direct all newscasts as needed by schedule.
- Operate audio board during broadcasts.
- Operate the switcher for newscasts.
- Translate ideas for shots into reality.
- Responsible for construction of still-store graphics.
- Coordination of rundowns and vocal direction of studio crew during the news broadcasts.
- Must be proficient and professional in calling and punching all newscasts.
- Responsible for editing as needed.
- Coordinate training and supervision of production staff with immediate supervisor.
- Produce daily/weekly promos, news updates, and public service announcements when necessary.
- Assume responsibility for the on-air product, studio and/or remote crew.
- Proficiently handle and maintain all equipment relating to the operations department and newscasts.
- Maintain positive and open dialogue with all departments to ensure all newscasts are on the air and run as clean and smoothly as possible.
- Ensure set and talent look their best.
- Run teleprompter for assigned newscasts.
- Operate robotic cameras.
- Do pre-production for news shows / tapings.
- Segment recorded shows.
- Direct other productions and live broadcasts or live-to-tape in studio or on remote location as needed.
- Must be able to operate station vehicle as needed.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of studio cameras, Final Cut Pro, Chyron, Photoshop, audio and lighting.
- Must have a good working knowledge of video switchers, still stores, video editors, and multiple tape and tapeless formats.
- Must have strong knowledge of television production.
- Able to direct and call commands/instructions during newscasts.
- Knowledge of non-linear editing software.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal direction.
- Experience with Photoshop, After Affects, Xpression a plus.
- Will assist in turning in microwave and satellite based live shots.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills as well as broadcast experience.
- Must be flexible to work other shifts.
- Must be able to handle high stress situations and pressure deadlines.
- Able to react quickly to changing circumstances while remaining calm.
- Strong initiative and attention to detail is required. •Strong leadership skills.
- Must be able to work with other departments and work well in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to remain positive and foster a positive work environment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates please visit the following web site: www.schurz.jobs and search Requisition Number KTUU1464 to learn more about the position and apply. NORTHERN LIGHTS MEDIA, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Offers of employment are contingent upon a pre-employment background check.