KSL Market Research Assistant #3024
Posted on 2013-07-10
By KSL Broadcast Group KSL Broadcast Group
Salt Lake City, UT
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Work with Market/Media Research Director and KSL Sales Management team to help increase revenue and provide a unique marketing sales position for KSL's account executives and management.
Preferred: BFA college degree with emphasis in Research, Sales or marketing, related field or equivalent.
Required: Technical writing and graphic design experience.
Preferred: A minimum of three (3) years successful experience as a research administrator or analyst preferably in broadcast media or equivalent, with the ability and flexibility to perform the following:
- Assist the Market/Media Research Director in providing daily updates on both TV and Radio ratings for sales team.
- Utilize data from Nielsen, Rentrak, Scarborough, Arbitron, NBC and trade publications to tell credible, effective and persuasive sales stories. These timely sales pieces will either be used by sales people for presentations or sent directly to clients, direct and agency, to position our stations in this competitive media environment.
- Utilize the creative resources available at KSL, along with their own creative abilities, to build unique, simple-to-understand and memorable sales pieces.
- Become intimately familiar with the resources of Katz Television, NBC Television, Crystal Radio and maximize the utilization of all of them in order to reduce duplication of workload.
- Assist the Market/Media Research Director in planning, coordinating and arranging for sales book breakouts.
- Attend client appointments/meetings as needed with account executives.
- Attend sales and marketing department meetings as needed. Attend a weekly one-on-one meeting with Market/Media Research Director. P
- roven skill set with Microsoft and Apple Software used for client presentations, internal purposes for presentations and data crunching. Specifically, must be proficient in Power Point software and Excel.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Proactive sales support skill set (understanding TV and Radio).
- Personable and outgoing with clients and sales team personal.
- Understanding of Reach and Frequency models for all products in our arsenal. Multi-platform habits and preparation procedures.
- Capable of performing under pressure particularly when anticipated problems or unscheduled assignments arise, as the services performed affect the ability of others in the department to do their work.
- Proven ability to handle stress
- Consistently works hours required. Works more when required to meet deadlines including weekends, holidays, evenings, etc.
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Maintain a positive rapport with co-workers, vendors, and clients.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Participate and support the Company's policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and Outreach Program.
- Take an active role in supporting the Company's policy to prevent harassment of any kind within the workplace, at worksites off campus, or at company-sponsored social venues.
- Assure that employees working in your department will receive annual performance appraisals. Guarantee that employees will sign Conflict of Interest and Payolas annually.
- Personal growth and development.
- Other duties as assigned.
Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
HOW TO APPLY:
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.