Posted on 2013-07-08
By KTVX/KUCW Nexstar
Salt Lake City, UT
The Promotion Producer operates editing and videography equipment to produce station promotional material.
- Produces, writes, photographs and edits station promotional material.
- Organizes and strings together raw footage into a continuous whole according to scripts or instructions for newscasts and other programming.
- Reviews assembled footage on screens or monitors to determine whether corrections are necessary.
- Trims video segments to specified lengths and reassembles segments into sequences that present stories with maximum effect.
- Determines the specific audio and visual effects necessary to complete stories.
- Sets up and operates computer editing systems, electronic titling systems, video switching equipment, and digital video effects units to produce a final product.
- Selects and combines the most effective shots of each scene to form a logical and smoothly running story.
- Confers with other personnel to discuss assignments, work product and desired effects.
- Maintains editing equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Minimum three years` experience producing television promotional material
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Proficiency with video editing equipment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
HOW TO APPLY:
CONTACT: Please send resume to:
Attn: Michael Spiecha
2175 West 1700 South
Salt Lake City, Utah 84104
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE WE ARE NOT ABLE TO ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS; WE WILL CONTACT YOU IF YOUR APPLICATION IS CHOSEN.