Posted on 2013-07-02
By iHeart Media - Oklahoma City iHeart Media - Oklahoma City
Oklahoma City, OK
Clear Channel Media and Entertainment-Oklahoma City is currently seeking to fill the following employment opening:
Clear Channel Communications, Inc. is the world`s largest radio and outdoor advertising company with leading market positions in each of its two business segments: Radio and Outdoor. Clear Channel is also one of the most innovative media players in the market - a leader in the converging media space, developing the best-in-class integrated media offers (e.g. Radio/Web) and building significant positions in the HD arena.
The Production Assistant role is a demanding creative position, requiring leadership and networking skills. The APD works with the Production Director and assists with, among other things, the execution of commercials. This role may require writing, dubbing, voicing, archiving commercials, and on-air announcing and board operator duties.
- Assist in management of commercial production staff and work load
- Work with AEs and clients to create customized spec spots.
- Consult with clients about creative
- Write, produce, and voice commercials
- Read or ad-lib to identify station, introduce and close shows, and announce station breaks
- Work closely with traffic and continuity to assure all commercials air correctly
- Monitor commercial content to meet legal, ethical, and decency standards.
- Work with PD`s on any commercial content challenges to meet legal, ethical and decency standards
- Assist in managing studio space scheduling
- Create any other kinds of production AEs need for presentations or wrap ups.
- Assist in checking missing report nightly to correct any discrepancies in the following day`s log
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures regarding indecency and obscenity
- Work an approved and previously agreed upon air shift.
- Maintain a website personality page. Must be kept up-to-date with relevant material that is appropriate for the given station.
- Search out and share all possible web content with the Program Director and OCD of the given station
- Participate in regular listening/air check sessions for critique with the Program Director.
- Participate in required station Programming, Promotions, and Sales staff meetings and events.
- Make regular approved appearances at paid, and non-paid, station events (community events, station concerts, etc.).
- Execute only Program Director approved interviews and events on air during the regularly assigned shift.
- Be on call for possible disasters, breaking news, or acts of nature.
- Knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Ability to work well under pressures
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with others.
- Excellent communication skills
- Successfully demonstrated skills as an On air Announcer
- Should have the ability to take initiative and be proactive as well as have the flexibility and assertiveness to get things done
- Valid driver`s license
- Ability to frequently lift and or move in excess of 50 pounds
- Minimum two years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience Clear Channel is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
OKLAHOMA CITY, Oklahoma, United States
You are encouraged to refer qualified applicants to us for such opening.
HOW TO APPLY:
Persons interested in submitting an application for the position identified above should apply at the following website:
Thank you for your assistance. If you know of any other organization that may be of assistance in our equal employment opportunity effort, we would appreciate you forwarding that information to us.