General Sales Manager
Posted on 2013-07-01
By KTVX/KUCW Nexstar
Salt Lake City, UT
Utah`s First TV Station, KTVX, is seeking a General Sales Manager to oversee all aspects of the Sales Department, including staff management, advertising inventory throughout all channels, revenue goal setting and achievement, and budgeting. The General Sales Manager also has the responsibility in working with the General Manager in the development and execution of innovative sales strategies, and new business and local program development.
- Provides leadership for the broadcast/web sales teams.
- Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees.
- Develops and executes sales strategies which result in exceeding revenue targets in local, national, eMedia and new product revenue.
- Drives new business development.
- Manages inventory and revenue forecasting.
- Manages recruitment and development of talented sales professionals.
- Prepares budgets and approves budget expenditures.
- Resolves customer complaints regarding sales and service.
- Plans and directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and service programs.
- Controls inventory and pricing to maximize revenues.
- Creates and reviews operational records and reports to project sales and determine profitability
- Directs the Accounts Receivable efforts of the Sales Department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor`s degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- Minimum five years` experience in national and local media sales, as well as three years in sales management with direct staff supervision.
- Valid driver`s license with an acceptable driving record.
- It is also essential the candidate have a proven record of success in establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them while demonstrating positive leadership and managerial stewardship.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- The General Sales Manager must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send resume to:
ABC 4/KTVX-TV CW30/KUCW-TV
Attn: Ida Udy Anderson
2175 West 1700 South
Salt Lake City, Utah 84104
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE