General Sales Manager
Posted on 2013-06-28
By Louisiana Association of Broadcasters
Baton Rouge, LA
KLFY, a CBS affiliate, in Lafayette, LA is looking for a strong General Sales Manager to help guide our sales effort. This position requires an individual who possesses strong leadership skills to lead a local sales team in selling new business and maintaining current business. You must be a strong leader and have a successful track record.
Additional responsibilities will include exceeding revenue goals, forecasting, sales promotion and development of additional revenue sources, new media and strategic planning.
In this position you will:
- Achieve/exceed budgeted financial goals and grow station's revenue share
- Train, manage, and motivate all sales personnel
- Manage television sales for the station including local, national, new business and digital
- Lead sales team in promoting on air sales as well as web and mobile products
- Lead sales promotions and develop non-traditional revenue sources (Familiarity with Image Plus Program a plus)
- Supervise local staff in negotiating, packaging and selling of station inventory
- Manage and control sales revenue by developing strong relationships with local clients
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- 5 years experience in TV Sales Management
- Hands on TV advertising sales and operational background a must
- Strong and positive leadership skills required
- Highly skilled leader, negotiator and motivator
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must
- Microsoft Office, OSI, Matrix and Ad Connections knowledge preferred
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates meeting these requirements should forward their cover letter and resume to: KLFY-TV Attn: Mike Barras, Vice President/General Manager, P.O. Box 90665, Lafayette, LA 70509
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Be sure to include your name in the subject line. Please tell us how you found out about this job opening.
KLFY-TV is a drug-free company and requires pre-employment drug testing and background investigations. Young Broadcasting of Louisiana LLC, KLFY-TV is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the hiring, training or promotion of employees because of race, color, religion, sex or national origin. We are engaged in a continuing effort to see out applicants for employment with our company.