Character Generator Operator
Posted on 2013-06-26
Station Name & Mailing Address: KOZL/KOLR, 2650 E. Division St., Springfield, MO 65803
Position reports to title: Senior Director
Work hours schedule: Hours vary, must be available to work weekends
Full Time: Yes
Exempt (not eligible for over time): No
Non-exempt (eligible for over time): Yes
Brief description of duties & responsibilities:
- Sets up and operates character generator systems for live and taped productions.
- Uses creativity to produce graphics requested by news and production personnel.
- Checks equipment and resources for proper working order and requests repairs and maintenance when required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work experience and education required for position:
- Technical degree in Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- Minimum one year experience with electronics systems in a television broadcasting environment. (More or less depending on market size.)
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Strong PC/MS Office experience.
- Experience with other broadcast-related equipment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Spelling and grammar skills are a must.
- The CG Operator must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the CG Operator must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
HOW TO APPLY:
If interested, mail or email resume to Shannon Balding at email@example.com
2650 E. Division St.
Springfield, MO 65803
Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you have any questions, contact Terri Bush, Director Human Resources