Posted on 2013-06-26
By KOB-TV Hubbard Broadcasting
The Host of Good Day New Mexico (GDNM) is the primary presenter for the daily television show. The Host is responsible for interviewing guests and assisting with the production of segments of the daily television (TV) show.
Works in collaborative, professional team environment with a number of members. Works in a television studio with bright lights and can be hot or cold. May work out of doors in extreme weather conditions. Wears an ear phone. Make public appearances in a variety of settings.
Skilled interviewer with an eye for details and the ability to draw out information from subjects who have not been on television. Previous on air television or other media experience preferred. Exceptional oral and written communication skills; highly developed public speaking and interpersonal skills. Must be enthusiastic, detail oriented, proactive, personable, outgoing, creative, highly organized and a self-starter.
Experience actively participating in a sales and/or marketing environment, preferably in broadcast media. Excellent computer skills. A friendly, interesting and engaging personality that comes across on television and in person. Ability to interact and communicate effectively with diverse groups. Able to conduct interviews and presentations in a manner consistent with show style and meets clients’ expectations. Professional, consistent on air appearance. Must be a critical thinker, able to make quick, effective decisions. Ability to ad-lib. Proven experience maintaining performance under extreme pressure required. In addition to regular work hours, is able to work early mornings, evenings and weekends and travel to other locations within New Mexico which require overnight stays.
- Prepares and effectively presents segments needed for the daily show, Good Day New Mexico. Segments reflect a high level of professionalism, integrity and creativity, consistent with the GDNM brand and image. Learns as much about the segment and subject as possible prior to taping of segments. Consistently meets show and clients standards.
- Participates with other staff members to suggest and pursue segments, prepare scripts and assist with final edits for segments ensuring segments meet standards and are accurate.
- Obsessively reads, surfs, watches and listens to a variety of information sources to learn about clients’ products and services and additional marketing techniques and strategies. Shares knowledge and applies what is learned while working.
- Conducts “pre-interviews” on the telephone with guests appearing on the show. Consults with Executive Producer with pre-interview results. Makes necessary changes if needed and communicate changes.
- Conducts clear and informative on-camera interviews and/or presentations with guests in person and via satellite. Ability to address a multitude of subjects and change subjects and topics quickly with no notice during interviews and presentations. Always ready to discuss relevant topics during segment interviews.
- Maintains appropriate standards regarding wardrobe, hair, cosmetics and grooming.
- Makes frequent public appearances as required to help promote the station and show. These appearances may be scheduled in the evenings and on weekends.
- Provides leadership by example. Acts in a professional manor at all times and treats co-workers, viewers, clients, guests, and the public with respect. Maintains professional behavior, as Host is a highly visible position within the station as well as in the public.
- Contributes to the overall team effort and provides the show with the best possible local TV. Works in a team environment with a variety of people, including but not limited to producers, sales staff, photographer, production assistants, co-hosts, clients and management. Collaborates constructively with team members to develop and move the show in a positive direction, increasing viewers and station revenues.
- Accept and follow the direction and constructive criticism from the show’s Executive Producer and other senior management as well as consultants.
- Maintains regular, predictable attendance. Works all show hours as determined by Executive Producer and or management in order to complete segments and daily show. Most schedules are available 24 hours in advance of the production. Hours can vary from day to day and may include overnight trips to other parts of New Mexico including satellite stations of KOBR (Roswell, NM) and KOBF (Farmington, NM).
- Meets all deadlines.
- Honors terms of contract with the station.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
HOW TO APPLY:
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
4 Broadcast Plaza SW
Albuquerque, NM 87104
Fax: (505) 764-2522
No Telephone Calls Please
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER