Assignments Editor or Manager
Posted on 2013-06-24
Entry Level: N
Position reports to title: News Director Chuck Maulden
Work hours schedule: 7a-3:30p
Full Time: Y
Exempt (not eligible for over time): Y
Number hours per week: 40 Plus
Brief description of duties & responsibilities:
- Tracks stories from all sources including government agencies, wire services and community groups.
- Dispatches photographers, reporters and other personnel to cover stories.
- Coordinates logistics for news personnel.
- Participates in daily story meetings and supplies a comprehensive list of all possible news stories, and works with the News Director to develop plans for all broadcasts.
- Assists in development, planning and follow-up of all news stories.
- Edits video clips as assigned.
- Writes stories for the web and other eMedia platforms.
- Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work experience and education required for position:
- Bachelor`s degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- Minimum two years` experience in news operations.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Flexibility to work any shift.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
HOW TO APPLY:
If interested, mail or email resume to Charles Maulden:
2650 E. Division
Springfield, MO 65803
Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you have any questions, contact Terri Bush, Director Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org