Posted on 2013-06-20
By KOB-TV Hubbard Broadcasting
- Developing and maintaining a strategic and editorial vision for Eyewitness News.
- Direct and manage overall efforts of the news department and seeing that the vision and mission of Eyewitness News 4 is understood by the entire news organization.
- This vision should come from working with extensive market research and the tested instincts of the News Director.
- Responsible for all administrative duties associated with running the news organization, including personnel and budgeting.
- Reports to the Vice President/General Manager.
- Minimum of five years of success in key leadership role(s) within a television newsroom.
- Demonstrable knowledge of all phases of a television news operation, including, but not limited to: news reporting and writing, newscast formats, news producing, newsroom organization, and newsgathering technology.
- Must be a dynamic strong leader with a clear vision and ability to communicate that vision to his/her staff.
- Must be creative and adept at managing in a fast-paced, highly charged and aggressive news environment.
- Basic understanding of newsroom technical operation including computer networking, newsroom systems, microwave, satellite and digital technology. Knowledge of social media and multiplatform news gathering.
- Understanding of basic budgeting principle and financial management.
HOW TO APPLY:
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
4 Broadcast Plaza SW
Albuquerque, NM 87104
Fax: (505) 764-2522
No Telephone Calls Please
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER