Posted on 2013-06-19
By Louisiana Association of Broadcasters
Baton Rouge, LA
WDSU-TV in New Orleans, Louisiana is looking for a Sports Anchor/Reporter.
Generates leads and information on sports-related topics; composes and delivers live and prerecorded reports; communicates breaking sports information for digital distribution (includes writing copy for WDSU.com and other platforms); Anchors sports segments in newscasts and hosts sports special presentations.
- Anchor sportscasts and specials (edit own content)
- Report/edit stories for broadcast
- Contribute online/digital content
- Some travel required
- 3 years sports broadcast experience (anchor/reporting required)
- Experience editing non-linear video
- Experience covering professional or major college programs a plus
- Ability to write clear, accurate copy on deadline
- Strong interviewing and live skills
- Ability to develop sources and information
- Deep knowledge of and passion for sports
- Degree in broadcasting, communications or journalism preferred
HOW TO APPLY:
Email resume, references and links to email@example.com, or send DVD to: Jonathan Shelley, News Director, WDSU TV, 846 Howard Avenue, Louisiana. Include cover letter stating where you learned about this job.