Posted on 2013-12-27
By CBS Radio CBS Radio
CBS Radio in Phoenix is looking for a qualified Events-Manager with a minimum of 2 to 4-years of experience in a similar role in the media industry. We are looking for a creative individual who is experienced in all aspects of event management who will be responsible for the creation, management and oversight of events for-KMLE Country @107.9, 94.5 KOOL FM and 101.5 jamz.-�The ideal candidate must be passionate about promotions and radio and must be experienced in planning, creating and executing events.
Strategically plan, create, and execute Programming and Sales events for the CBS Radio Phoenix Brands (KMLE, KZON, and KOOL).
- Manage tactical elements and event logistics of both large and small scale events.
- Manage theme development and decor, and acquire supporting technology for events.
- Negotiate agreements with outside providers and subcontractors that ensure lower cost and highest quality of service.
- Coordinate with Programming and Sales Departments on all event elements as needed.
- Work with Promotions Managers and Web Department on signage and other event collateral needs.
- Be responsible for post-event evaluations, including sponsorships, logistics, and client satisfaction.
- Recruit, train, and manage Promotion Assistants.
- Schedule and assign Promotions Assistants to work events.
- Research and maintain information on relevant competitors, current films, television, music, products, celebrities, restaurant openings, trends and culture in Phoenix, and key market areas.
- Coordinate brand presence at outside events.
- Be responsible for maintenance and care of the CBS Radio Phoenix fleet of vehicles, and all event related equipment including, but not limited to, sound equipment (speakers, mixing boards, related cords/wires, etc.), pipe/drape sets, tables, table cloths, tents, backdrops, etc.
Minimum of 2-4 years experience in event management required; radio and/or entertainment industry experience preferred. Proficiency in MS Office, Outlook and Adobe required as well as strong organizational skills. Must be able to multi-task, pay attention to detail and meet deadlines. Excellent written and verbal communication skills required, along with strong customer service skills. Valid driver license and excellent driving record required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates may submit their resumes online through the Career Center at www.cbsradio.com. Faxed, mailed, emailed and hand-delivered resumes will not be accepted. No phone calls, please.
It is the continuing policy of CBS Radio to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, or sexual orientation, national origin, age or physical or mental disability, veteran or disabled veteran status, and to conform to applicable laws and regulations. We solicit assistance on these openings and future openings. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.