KSL TV Investigative Producer/Reporter #3023
Posted on 2013-06-17
By KSL Broadcast Group KSL Broadcast Group
Salt Lake City, UT
POSITION PURPOSE: Seeking a dynamic producer and/or reporter to join KSL's award winning KSL Investigates Team. Responsible for conceptualizing, researching and implementing highly-produced investigative stories. Develop stories in cooperation with the Enterprise Managing Editor and other members of the KSL Management Team. Primary focus is on regularly produced content outside of the daily assignment rotation. Reporter or producer may be called upon to provide investigative angles to daily news stories. Set an example of professionalism in skill, attitude and commitment. Willingly accept other reasonable duties and assignments from DMC News Division management. All of the duties listed below apply but the primary focus of the job is to produce or report stories for KSL Investigates Team.
- Must be able to originate, research, write and produce news stories with a concentration on investigative reporting.
- Must be able to write concise, highly visual stories from complex material, for broadcast, digital and print media.
- Must be able to write in a factually correct, clear and conversational manner.
- Must be aggressive and focused reporter or producer with ability to enterprise original stories.
- Must have strong investigative skills with an enterprising mindset.
- Must be well-organized and able to juggle multiple projects while meeting deadlines.
- Must conduct interviews, gather information, log and organize footage, arrange for graphics, write broadcast scripts, and supervise editing sessions.
- Work effectively in a team environment with various photographers, editors and producers.
- May be asked to produce material for other on-air reporters.
- College degree in journalism, communications, related field or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years journalism experience – investigative reporting and/or producing a must.
- Knowledge of computer-assisted reporting, public records requests and public records law is preferred.
- Have the ability to work in a team environment with various photographers, editors and producers. May be asked to produce material for other on-air reporters.
- Consistently able to work hours required. Work more when required to meet deadlines including flexible shifts, weekends, holidays, evenings, rotating days, overtime, etc. Required to work extended hours as needed. Must have a telephone and fill on-call schedules as assigned. Able to remain on a particular assignment until completed.
- Valid driver's license and proven ability to safely drive company vehicle or personal vehicle (as case may be) without exposing the company to serious liability risks.
- Proven ability to handle stress.
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
HOW TO APPLY:
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.