Creative Services Director
Posted on 2013-06-17
By Louisiana Association of Broadcasters
Baton Rouge, LA
KARD in West Monroe, Louisiana has an immediate full time opening for a Creative Services Manager.
- Manages all aspects of the Commercial Production Department.
- Plans and manages staffing, training, and performance evaluations for the Commercial Production Department.
- Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees.
- Works with Sales Department personnel to make sure that client needs are being met.
- Manages all aspects of commercial production based on the client`s plans, conceptualizes those ideas, ensuring that they meet or exceed the client`s success criteria.
- Works with Sales Department personnel to schedule clients for pre- and post-production writing, editing, and shooting of spots.
- Assigns projects to staff and verifies that deadlines are being met.
- Manages production of content to the established budget.
- Writes, edits and shoots video for commercial efforts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor`s degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Minimum three years` experience in creative media production and at least two years` experience in a leadership role preferred.
- Experience guiding, directing and motivating subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them.
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Proficiency with audio/video recording and editing equipment.
- Experienced with Adobe and Avid software suites.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively listen to fully understand a client`s needs and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
The Creative Services Manager must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Creative Services Manager must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 30 pounds.
HOW TO APPLY:
Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you have any questions, contact Terri Bush, Director Human Resources
at email@example.com. Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.