KTAR News & Sports Fill In Talk Host
Posted on 2013-06-06
By KPKX, KTAR, KTAR Bonneville International Corporation
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Perform as a fill-in on-air host that attracts targeted audience and builds ratings in line with desired News/Talk or Sports format.
- Two years post high school education.
- News judgment.
- Passion for news and current affairs.
- Experience in radio hosting.
- Aggressive attitude with a strong desire to advance in the broadcasting media.
- Ability to use humor.
- Strong desire to work at the state’s largest and most respected radio station.
- Spends time researching topics.
- Ability to be respected by newsmakers during interviews.
- Multi-tasking pro. Ability to be organized with the capability to concentrate on more than one event at a time, able to follow written and verbal instructions under moderate supervision.
- Proven ability to work under pressure to meet daily/weekly deadlines.
- Willing to be active in the community.
- Self-starter with the ability to assure accuracy in on-air product. Errors may incur financial time loss.
- Monitor news on a daily basis.
- Computer skills.
- Proven ability to handle stress.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Consistently works hours required. Flexible hours required to meet deadlines including weekends, holidays, evenings, early mornings, etc.
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Must send in air-check with resume and application.
- Receive, deliver, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to download the application available on our web site at www.ktar.com.
Questions can be directed to Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not allow walk-in candidates.
To be considered an application must be submitted by fax, email, or mail for current posted position(s).
Resume is accepted when accompanying our application. Unsolicited resumes will not be accepted. If you are offered employment by Bonneville International Corporation, you will be asked to sign an agreement to arbitrate any disputes that may arise between you and Bonneville regarding your employment with the company prior to commencing employment with the company.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Bonneville International Corporation participates in E-Verify and complies with all right to work laws.