Part Time Master Control Operator/IT
Posted on 2013-06-04
By WAGM-TV WAGM-TV
PRESQUE ISLE, ME
WAGM TV has a part time Master Control Operator/IT position available for immediate employment. Master Control is a fast pace environment, so the ability to multi task is a must. Responsibilities included but are not limited to; assuring that correct programming and commercial material airs on schedule, on multiple stations, prepares video for airing, builds playlists, direct live news programs, and all other duties as assigned. The successful candidate must have strong IT experience. Knowledge of automated Master Control operations at a television or Cable station facility is preferred. If you would like to learn more about this exciting job in broadcast please log on to wagmtv.com and look under the jobs segment of our web site.
The Master Control Operator will have proficiency in the use of all broadcast equipment and technology within assigned operating areas, including but not limited to: protocol for live programs, commercial and program log documentation, regional feeds and market protection procedures, intercom communication procedures, media transfer team roles in specified operating areas, success in advanced job functions and any required documentation.
- Knowledge of broadcast methods of measuring audio and video signals to ensure quality control of endorsed standards on all operations.
- Solid understanding of workflow of other business units, including their impact and/or specific integration with Production Operations. Basic problem solving and troubleshooting techniques and effective communication to best convey the issues necessary for resolution.
- Participation in training programs, (physical, classroom, virtual, etc.) for self-career development and/or regarding any relevant equipment and workflow changes within the operation.
- Administrative tasks include, but not limited to, daily shift reporting. Basic Qualifications
- Must demonstrate ability to perform tasks under tight deadlines, work independently and manage simultaneous projects.
- Solid communication skills.
- Organizational, efficiency and planning skills
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Flexibility to alter shifts/days off to accommodate projects and departmental objectives.
- Solid knowledge of all TV Production equipment and technology within assigned operating areas, including but not limited to; VTRs, server based recording/ playback devices and related software applications, TV Production routers, intercom systems, signal conversion equipment, etc.
- Candidates must have good computer background (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc…) and solid communication skills.
- A College or Technical School degree in communications, electronics, television production or related field.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your resume to WAGM-TV
ATT: Kelly Landeen
12 Brewer Road
Presque Isle, Maine 04769
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line Master Control)
WAGM is an equal opportunity employer.