PT Weekend Assignment Editor
Posted on 2013-06-03
By CareerPage CareerPage
The Weekend Assignment Editor gathers and disseminates information used in newscasts and website news stories. This person will also work three days per week as an associate producer
- Dispatching news crews to story locations
- Contacting news sources to set up interviews and gathering and checking story facts
- Assisting newscast producers in gathering information for stories, taking and making phone calls, listening to police and fire scanners for breaking news
- Writing and posting web stories and video
- Entering upcoming events into the daily news planner
- Fill in for weekday assignment editor as needed; train to produce newscasts
One year professional television news experience and a college degree preferred.
- Knowledge of Broadcast Journalism
- Knowledge of newsroom computers and use of social media
- Ability to work with others. Creativity, people skills, and a positive, can-do attitude are needed.
- Valid driver license.
- Must be able to lift 5-10 lbs.
- Hours: Must be available to work all shifts including evenings, early mornings, overnights, weekends, and holidays.
HOW TO APPLY:
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. Please apply online by going to www.sbgi.net/employment
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER