Interactive Content Producer
Posted on 2013-05-31
By KTVL Sinclair Broadcast Group
We are looking for a candidate to create and market highly interactive, customer-focused editorial content that serves local audiences. Excellent writing skills and a passion for the web and its opportunities for user interaction and compelling storytelling on all platforms are a must. This position calls for a highly collaborative person who can see possibilities beyond the broadcast newscast to engage and connect with online users, elevating all content topics to something new online.
- Repurpose and revise broadcast editorial product (video and text) for effective use on the web.
- Write and post breaking news content.
- Gather news content and information for web-exclusive and web-first reporting.
- Create web-exclusive content to add depth to broadcast stories.
- Coordinate online coverage with news teams in the field.
- Serve as a key online advocate within the newsroom and station.
- Supervise and actively contribute to social media efforts, including Facebook and Twitter.
- Translate research data, audience knowledge, business needs and commerce requirements into content products.
- Work closely with content, advertising, marketing, technology and product development on cross-functional teams to define and launch high-potential, innovative content products.
- Develop and successfully implement user-generated content opportunities.
- Optimize the use of content from wire/network services and information from media partners.
- Identify and maximize content syndication opportunities.
- Constantly survey the digital landscape to stay abreast of what is new and successful in online content.
- Build new content offerings using RSS, mobile technology, video, podcasting, social media, and e-mail platforms.
- Excellent writing, communication and collaboration skills.
- Solution-oriented, proactive, high-energy work style.
- Creative, innovative, risk-taking approach to digital content development.
- Proven ability to work effectively across departments and divisions.
- Track record of editing & producing excellent interactive Web content that goes beyond traditional broadcast offerings.
- Knowledge of digital content development and ability to tailor content for the right platform.
- Ability to focus on customers and adjust products to meet the needs of the marketplace.
- Keen understanding of online devices, tools and how to effectively use them to create, distribute, and market compelling online content
- Flexible and able to excel in a fast-paced, evolving environment.
- Interactive content development experience.
- Broadcast or print reporting and/or producing experience preferred.
- BA/BS degree in journalism, communications or a related field.
- Video and audio production skills a plus.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you`re interested in joining our team you must apply online to be considered. To apply, go to www.ktvl.com.
No phone calls or emails please.
** INTERNAL APPLICANTS AT A SINCLAIR STATION SHOULD SEE THEIR LOCAL HR CONTACT TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION. **
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!