KTUU-TV Production Specialist
Posted on 2013-05-29
By Alaska Broadcasters Association Alaska Broadcasters Association
KTUU, an award-winning station in Anchorage, Alaska, is seeking a full-time Production Specialist. This position is responsible for working with cash and in-house clients wishing to promote their products and services. Duties may include creative concept, creative writing, planning, budgeting, logistics and coordination, direction, producing, shooting and / or editing commercials, station and news promotions, public service announcements, instructional, marketing, documentary and long form videos as well as internet content.
- Contact and work with advertisers, production clients, and members of the sales team to enthusiastically create concepts that produce results. Special attention is also given to working with the Marketing Director to produce News and Station promotion. Projects include both topical and image campaigns.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and assignments of various types with targeted deadlines.
- The ability to serve on team and solo projects; and fill in other roles of the department as needed.
- Prepare and present estimates, with Syntax Productions Manager input, for client approval prior to production.
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Be creative in a timely fashion and excel under extreme pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Develop creative ways to solve a problem.
- Strive to continually improve technical knowledge and creative skills, and to keep abreast of marketing and advertising trends to determine the best way to promote clients' products and services.
- Strong ability to work and communicate well with clients, account executives and other members of the creative team.
- Ability to effectively direct on-camera talent.
- Result-oriented, articulate, enthusiastic, a self-starter and must be passionate about the creative process.
- Creative writing skills are required.
- Strong knowledge of television production including non-linear video editing, audio, studio and field production is preferred.
- Graphic abilities are a significant plus. *News experience helpful.
- Computer skills are required.
- We`re seeing someone with a college degree in Communications or another related field with 3 to 5 years of experience in the field. A valid driver`s license, with a good driving record is required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates please visit the following web site: www.schurz.jobs and search Requisition Number KTUU1387 to learn more about the position and apply. Offers of employment are contingent upon a pre-employment background check. NORTHERN LIGHTS MEDIA, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.