Posted on 2013-05-29
By KAAZ, KNRS, KODJ, KJMY, KZHT Total Traffic
Salt Lake City, UT
The Finance Lead (Clear Channel Media & Entertainment) position is a leadership and operational role responsible for all general & administrative areas within a CCM&E market or region and forming an important and active connection between the market and the corporate headquarters finance function for CCM&E. The Finance Lead provides corporate headquarters and local management with the desired financial information and analysis necessary to make healthy short and long term decisions. This position involves supervising, managing, and developing the market’s Finance function including special project support, budgeting, cost management, revenue optimization, business planning, capital management, reporting & analytics, and consulting with business leaders. The Finance Lead will lead the analysis of sales & margin, in addition to developing and measuring KPI’s. This position is a member of the market / region senior staff, and is one of 28+ VPs Finance supporting 140+ markets and 850+ radio stations across the United States. The Finance Lead reports to the SVP, CCM&E Finance, and the Local Market or Region Manager.This position will reside in Salt Lake City, UT but will support the Salt Lake City, Spokane, WA, Honolulu, HI, and Fairbanks/Anchorage, AK markets. Minimal travel required.
- Performing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting and forecasting in accordance with corporate standards; identifying key drivers and quantifying risks and opportunities.
- Supervision and management of the finance function throughout a market / region including management of the general ledger, cash management, and coordination with shared services for accounts payable, payroll, and accounts receivable functions.
- Supporting market/region revenue management function by performing ad hoc analyses in support of price decisions.
- Ensuring the market / region and its employees follow corporate signing and approval procedures, maintaining all applicable internal controls, and adhering to corporate SOX requirements.
- Leading, supporting and / or participating in business reviews with senior leaders.
- Managing the market`s budget process including analyzing key initiatives and linking to revenue/cost assumptions.
- Establishing robust analytics and financial & operational routines related to pricing, revenue, margins, expenses, operating income, cash flow, and capital.
- Providing assurance that all applicable market / region balance sheet reconciliations are completed accurately and on a timely basis.
- Promoting best practices in internal controls and financial / management reporting.
- Prompting good risk management by seeking effective identification of risks and driving mitigation measures.
- Assisting all market / region legal activities and coordinating with the corporate legal department.
- Assisting the market`s / region`s IT activities.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, or similar field. MBA preferred. CPA preferred.
- A minimum of 8-10 years experience of progressively increasing responsibility in Finance and/or Accounting, with experience in SOX compliance.
- Ability to identify necessary analysis and make independent decisions, give direction to business partners, and finalize direction on key initiatives.
- Experience with active participation in financial forecasting, reporting, and budgeting.
- Exposure to and ability to implement risk management best practices.
- Proven expertise in developing complex financial models & forecasts to support corporate and line of business planning decisions.
- Ability to assemble large volumes of data & inputs, and organize for strategic decision making with an acute sense of urgency.
- A proven track record in operating in a successful and profitable business with documented revenue growth success.
- Deep and broad business acumen with strong analytical, decision making, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to understand trends & results at both a strategic & tactical level, and to see the inter-relationships between them.
- The ability to lead and execute in a multi-task, fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong process orientation; well structured, organized, and detail oriented.
- Strong teamwork orientation with a proven ability to work in a collaborative & cross functional organization.
- Experience working in matrixed organizations with multiple reports.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and influencing abilities across multiple levels.
- A strong talent mindset - exceptional people management and team performance experience.
HOW TO APPLY: