Posted on 2013-05-28
By WUVG TV Channel 34 WUVG TV Channel 34
Univision 34 Atlanta seeks a Multimedia Journalist responsible for investigating, writing, shooting, producing and presenting accurate, balanced daily news stories for the stationâ€™s newscasts.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Produce, shoot, edit and report daily news stories using broadcasting equipment and newsroom computer systems.
- Research, investigate, write, produce and report general news or special news assignments-recorded and/or live from the field.
- Attend and participate in off-site company-sponsored and community events as assigned by station management.
- Will fill in as back up anchor as needed and assigned by News Director.
- A college degree in Journalism, Radio/Television or related field from accredited University preferred.
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years experience reporting in television news with an emphasis on "live" studio and "in-the-field"ť reporting in a small to medium TV market.
- Must have experience in developing contacts, producing hard news stories.
- Must be able to interpret and translate from English to Spanish accurately.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of television equipment and editing software (Final Cut Pro and/or Avid).
- Excellent and grammatically accurate Spanish language skills - both written and oral - required. Bilingual - fluency in English and Spanish is required.
- Required lift up to 30 lbs
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested Candidates should send cover letter, resume and non-returnable demo to one of the following:
Mail: WUVG Human Resources (Job# 2013-02)UNIVISION, WUVG-CHANNEL 34 IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
3350 Peachtree Road Suite 1250
Atlanta, GA 30326 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org