Part-time Production Assistant
Posted on 2013-05-23
Station Name & Mailing Address: KOZL/KOLR, 2650 E. Division St., Springfield, MO 65803
Position reports to title: Senior Director
Work hours schedule: Varies, must be able to work weekends
Full Time: No
Exempt (not eligible for over time): No
Non-exempt (eligible for over time): Yes
Part time: Yes and Number hours per week: 15-25
Brief description of duties & responsibilities:
- Composes and frames shots, applying the technical aspects of light, lenses and camera settings to achieve the effects sought by directors.
- Adjusts positions and controls of cameras to change focus, exposure and lighting as requested by the director.
- Operates studio cameras during live broadcasts.
- Operates remote cameras during live broadcasts.
- Confers with directors and other crew members to discuss sequences, desired effects, camera movements and lighting requirements.
- Sets up and performs shots for broadcasts.
- Sets up cameras and related equipment.
- Tests, cleans, maintains and repairs camera equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work experience and education required for position:
- Technical degree in Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- Minimum one year`s experience with camera operation in a television broadcasting environment. (More or less depending on market size.)
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Strong PC/MS Office experience.
- Experience with other broadcast-related equipment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple
- The Camera Operator must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Camera Operator must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions. Must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
HOW TO APPLY:
If interested, mail or email resume to: Shannon Balding, firstname.lastname@example.org
Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you have any questions, contact Terri Bush, Director Human Resources email@example.com