KAKM-TV Account Executive
Posted on 2013-05-22
By Alaska Broadcasters Association Alaska Broadcasters Association
The TV Account Executive is responsible for assisting in achieving sponsorship revenue goals through his/her own direct sales and through participation in the implementation of the station`s overall TV sponsorship strategy.
- Meet or exceed individual sales goals on a monthly basis.
- Conduct a minimum of two meetings each week with clients new to Alaska Public Media.
- Sell in a way that is consistent with Alaska Public Media`s standards, mission and values for representing public media.
- Build and maintain a positive working relationship between underwriting department and other station departments.
- Meet all FCC guidelines.
- Follow station guidelines regarding: Copy approval; Copy and traffic deadlines; Account receivables and collections.
- Participate in station activities, meetings, events and pledge drives when possible.
- Represent the company in a manner that meets with its market image.
- Commitment to mission and values of Alaska Public Media.
- Media fundraising experience.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit with solid record of achieving income goals.
- Ability to take initiative, think strategically and collaborate with others.
- Personable, outgoing, courteous, and professional demeanor.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills.
- Sense of humor and comfortable with rapid pace of change.
- Core office management software tools (Microsoft Office or similar, including fundraising software.
- Bachelor`s degree, or exceptional commensurate experience.
- Available to work weekend and evening events.
HOW TO APPLY:
Electronically - Send your resume, cover letter and letters of reference to firstname.lastname@example.org. Paper - Send your resume, cover letter and letters of reference to HR, Alaska Public Media,3877 University Drive, Anchorage, AK 99508. Please refer to APTI 1306. Alaska Public Media and KAKM-TV are equal opportunity employers.