Market Engineering Manager
Posted on 2013-05-22
By Townsquare Media Townsquare Media
Townsquare Media currently has an opening for a full-time Market Engineering Manager. This person will be responsible for all Technical Operations for a multi-station broadcast radio facility.
- Ensure compliance with all Company Engineering and Information Technology practices
- Interface with Vice President of Engineering and Directory of Information Technology on a regular basis
- Interface with programming and other staff to achieve desired goals
- FCC technical Rules Compliance
- Technical Department purchasing, planning and budgeting
- Studio equipment maintenance and updating
- Transmission systems and transmitter plant maintenance
- Digital storage and automation system maintenance (Nexgen experience preferred)
- Web streaming systems maintenance
- EAS systems logging compliance and equipment maintenance
- Satellite systems installation maintenance and updating
- Personal computer, servers, printers, software, LAN systems installation and maintenance
- Telephone and voicemail systems maintenance and updating
- Remote broadcast systems installation maintenance and updating
- Promotion vans and station owned vehicle maintenance
- Training and helping staff with equipment and computer issues
- Building and physical plant HVAC , electrical and plumbing systems knowledge
- After hours and weekend work as required
- Other duties as necessary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Technical training school, or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Candidate should be familiar with Microsoft Windows (all versions), Microsoft Office, Networking concepts and computer hardware.
Certificates and Licenses:
SBE or computer related certification helpful, but not necessary
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; expansive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly of fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbent will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by the supervisor.
Townsquare Media is an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you feel that you possess the qualities needed to perform the above duties effectively and excel in such endeavors we are interested in receiving your qualifications via a resume and application submission. Resumes and applications will be accepted via fax at 337-234-7360 Attn: Heather Fontenot. You can also apply online at www.lafayetteradioadvertising.com and click on career opportunities. We are excited about the prospect of having a highly qualified individual join our team to promote the Townsquare Media group of radio stations.