Posted on 2013-05-20
By WMFT Moody Radio
Under the direct supervision of the Station Manager for Moody Radio South, to install and maintain all radio equipment, to maintain the technical operation within all FCC rules and to maintain the building and grounds. The Chief Engineer will report directly to the Station Manager and operate under the authority of the Chief of Engineering at MBI. Moody Radio South is based in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
- Act as Chief Operator of WMFT, WMBV, WMBU and WRNF stations as defined by the FCC. This includes regular travel to each transmitter site for maintenance and repairs
- Monitor and maintain operation of all radio equipment with FCC rules and regulations. Maintain tower and lighting system according to FAA rules.
- Ascertain and record all measurements per legal requirements
- Review operator completed technical logs and program logs for accuracy and compliance with FCC rules
- Maintain a copy of the current FCC rules and regulations
- Perform corrective maintenance to all radio equipment, "on call" emergency repairs and preventive maintenance schedules. Maintain inventory of spare parts. Install new equipment and design new circuits to meet desired objectives
- Coordinate transmitter building, internal systems, non-radio equipment, transmitter grounds and employ outside vendors as required
- Maintain the hardware for all computer systems. Maintain telephone system and act as liaison with service and hardware vendors
- Have working knowledge of I.T. Systems
- Assist in the training of staff members and trainees related to technical issues
- Represent station at church and community events as assigned.
- Independently handle listener correspondence on technical questions. Answer phone when necessary and give authoritative information as assigned and provide counseling as required
- Participate on-air as assigned
- A good understanding of back-up power systems including generators and UPS units
- Keep up with changes in technology through trade publications as well as attending workshops in person or on-line to enhance skills
- Perform related and special duties as assigned
- Have a good working knowledge of computers - networking, WAN, LAN, IP and internet protocol configurations
- Should be proficient in current and past Windows Operating Systems as well as Windows Server versions
- Must possess a strong understanding of electronics theory in general as well as have experience and trouble shooting skills down to component level
- Must possess proven skills and understanding of both high power FM & AM transmitters, repair and maintenance
- Must possess strong understanding of ku-band and C-band satellite uplinks and downlinks and STL equipment. Some hands on experience required
- Must be able to lift 60 lbs.
- Must possess a valid driver's license (Will be provided with a station vehicle for which he will be responsible for the maintenance, care and upkeep of that vehicle)
- FCC license or SBE certification helpful
- Associates degree in engineering technology (i.e. DeVry University) or minimum of five years experience
- Complete Broadcasting Questionnaire (click Application below)
HOW TO APPLY: