Posted on 2013-05-03
By WACV WBAM WGMP WJWZ WQKS Bluewater Broadcasting
Bluewater Broadcasting Co., LLC has an immediate opening for a Chief Engineer to maintain our 7-station cluster in Montgomery, Alabama. If you`re tired of the corporate grind, then come work for a locally owned and operated company.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of radio broadcast experience as Studio Engineer, Audio Engineer, Assistant Chief Engineer, or Chief Engineer. SBE Certification is a plus.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of IT experience in configuration, operation, and maintenance of Windows systems hardware and software and related infrastructure including network administration and software systems management.
- Be able to perform first level maintenance on analog studio equipment. Digital processing equipment, and STL transmitters.
- Be able to perform first level maintenance on business computers and PCs, perform required system monitoring to establish integrity of hardware, server resources, verify completion of scheduled jobs such as backups. Create, change, and delete user accounts. Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with all impacted parties.
- Be able to maintain EAS logs and Public File.
- Be familiar with SS32 automation, it`s hardware, possess the ability to participate in planning for future replacement, and be able to troubleshoot with remote support technicians.
- Be familiar with Visual Traffic, it`s hardware, and possess the ability to troubleshoot with remote support technicians.
- Be familiar with FCC rules and regulations.
- Be familiar with FCC website and how to navigate the ULS and CDBS.
- Assist the RF engineer with transmitters as needed.
- Be on-call 24/7.
- Strong desire to be a team player and appreciate a professional work environment. Understand the need for each department to work with and support the others.
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver`s license and ability to lift 50 pounds, climb ladders and undertake other physical duties necessary to accomplish the job.
HOW TO APPLY:
If interested, please email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Bluewater Broadcasting is an equal opportunity employer.