Master Control Operator
Posted on 2013-05-16
By Telemundo Phoenix KTAZ & Tucson KHRR Telemundo Phoenix KTAZ & Tucson KHRR
Phoenix, Tucson, AZ
Telemundo Phoenix has an opening in our engineering department for a Master Control Operator position.
- The Master Control Operator is responsible for acquiring digital content
- identifying and storing requested material, monitoring signal streams and ensuring scheduled events run accurately.
- The position is responsible for preventing, monitoring and reporting on-air errors.
- This position will report to the Manager of Technology.
- Control and monitor television broadcasting equipment to transmit television programs and station breaks to the viewing audience.
- Read program logs to ascertain the name of programs/station breaks, and at what time programs/station breaks are scheduled to air.
- Ingest commercials, programs and other program materials into the station automation system.
- Operate station automation equipment. Perform minor computer troubleshooting and diagnostics.
- Utilize video waveform and vectorscope monitors to adjust signal quality.
- Observe on-air monitors to ascertain problems with transmission, such as loss of audio/video signals and report any problems to the appropriate Technology staff.
- Perform minor equipment troubleshooting, observe transmitter control panels to determine cause and area of problems and inform engineering personnel of transmission problems.
- Record onto television programming logs actual time programs/station breaks air.
- Prepare discrepancy reports describing problems encountered during transmission of programs/station breaks and reason for problems.
- May control transmitting equipment to route television program to remote broadcast sites.
- Take transmitter readings and enter data onto transmitter logs.
- Occasionally assist with the production of local news, promotions and commercial programming.
- Occasionally assist with facility maintenance and Environmental Health and Safety issues. Perform other duties as needed and directed by management
High School Diploma or GED
Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and overtime
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- Must be willing to work in Phoenix AZ
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be fluent in Spanish (speak, read & write)
- 1 year experience working at a commercial television station in master control and/or ingest videotape operation or as a show technical director and/or on-line editor
- Operational knowledge of broadcast systems including (but not limited to) Broadcast Automation Systems, DVCAM, DVC-Pro and Beta VTRs, DG Systems.
- Experience with multi channel automation systems and playlist manipulation.
- Florical automation a plus.
- Experience with Non Linear editing systems including Final Cut Pro a plus
- Ability to recognize and execute appropriate emergency recovery procedures to preserve on-air integrity.
- Excellent organizational skills, good verbal and written communication skills and a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills and non-linear editing skills
- Possess strong troubleshooting and process skills
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #:9815BR)