Bonneville Phoenix Event Coordinator
Posted on 2013-05-14
By KPKX, KTAR, KTAR Bonneville International Corporation
To assist Programming / The Event Coordinator and Promotions Department in various functions as needed. Use excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills on-site at events and in an office/business setting. Represent Bonneville Media Phoenix and its brands (stations) at various promotional events. Manage event logistics in support of three Media Brands in an extremely busy special events environment. Assist with the company’s database building initiatives at 300+ station events per year. Must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities and meet deadlines with little supervision, and be willing to work at any given time in a 24/7 environment. The Event Assistant should have a love for special event management, provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic professional, all while making memorable, positive brand impressions for both clients and listeners.
- Provide primary back-up and immediate assistance to Events Coordinator.
- Setting up, and tearing down “events” both sales and programming oriented, including the loading and unloading of event materials from station vehicles.
- On-the-job field training of new hire On-Call Promotions Assistant
- Coordinate remote broadcasts and other promotional on-site events as necessary to insure the proper execution of on-site logistics, activities and superior customer service for our listeners and clients.
- Assist with Scheduling Part Time Promotions staff
- Assist with Assembling Promotional Recaps of events, concerts & Community/Charity.
- Assist with maintaining merchandise, database & station swag.
- Assist with site checks
- Driving & maintaining promotional vehicles
- Preparing event photos for station websites
- Other on-site responsibilities may include graphics creation for Register to win contests, signage, and maintaining overall maximum exposure opportunities.
- Continually seeking better practices based on observations of other station practices and on-site experiences of other businesses at events.
- Assist with follow- up post events; re-caps when necessary, photograph downloads immediately following sales remotes/events.
- Provide prompt response and service to other staff members, including adequate lead time to complete requests.
- Must work well independently and in a team environment when necessary.
- Operate effectively in high-pressure, time-critical situations.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and proven ability to safely drive company vehicles without exposing company to serious liability risks.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions under limited supervision.
- One year or more of experience in radio broadcasting and/or promotions marketing.
- Ability to work flexible schedule, including, but not limited to early mornings, mid-days, late nights, weekends and holidays.
- Self-started with the ability to work under pressure providing material on time as the services performed affect company image, clients and the listening audience. Error my incur financial or time loss.
- Excellent organization skills with multi-tasking capabilities.
- Possess a customer service orientation that projects an appropriate company image with respect to dress, demeanor and verbal communication.
- Must display an engaging personality and maintain a cheerful attitude.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management and clients.
- Ability to overcome resistance and challenges at events.
- The use of respectful language during work hours when speaking to or about co-workers, supervisors, brands, listeners and clients.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Familiarity with News/Talk format, Sports format, Adult Contemporary format, the station hosts, upcoming events and overall brand image.
- Familiarity with Phoenix market and events.
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Ability to relate to and identify characteristics of target audience.
- Assist engineers and/or account executives if needed while at events.
- Attend all promotions meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A significant amount of time will be spent outdoors in labor intensive situations.
- Receive, process and maintain information through verbal and/or written communication, effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good hand-eye coordination.
- Lift, move and carry 20 to 50 lbs. frequently; up to 100+ pounds on occasion.
- Must be able to work in a smoke-free environment
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to complete the online application available on our website at www.ktar.com.
Questions can be directed to Human Resources at email@example.com. We do not allow walk-in candidates.
To be considered an application must be submitted by only for current posted position(s).
Resume is accepted only when accompanying our application. Unsolicited resumes will not be accepted. If you are offered employment by Bonneville International Corporation, you will be asked to sign an agreement to arbitrate any disputes that may arise between you and Bonneville regarding your employment with the company prior to commencing employment with the company.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Bonneville International Corporation participates in E-Verify and complies with all right to work laws.