Bonneville Traffic Director
Posted on 2013-05-14
By KPKX, KTAR, KTAR Bonneville International Corporation
To lead and manage the traffic department in operating efficiently and within budgeted resources. Stay abreast of advancements in software, tools and procedures, to keep our traffic function state-of-the-art. Maintain excellent communication with stakeholders including Sales, Programming, Finance and Management. Maximize revenue yield from commercial inventory. Ensure that all commercials and programming are accurately and timely logged in conformance with company procedure and FCC guidelines. Generate accurate, timely billing and affidavits of performance. Provide appropriate billing data and other information as needed by stakeholders.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of advancements in traffic software, systems and operations. Recommend continual improvements in our tools and procedures to keep the traffic function as efficient and productive as possible.
- Supervise the production of and maintenance of accurate daily logs and continuity in compliance with company policy and FCC rules. Minimize or eliminate errors, resulting in adjustments, credits and write-offs at or below company norms.
- Hire, train, cross-train, coach, appraise and supervise traffic staff to operate efficiently and to meet or exceed company performance standards.
- Communicate regularly and proactively with all department managers and other stakeholders, keeping them aware of issues and developments relating to traffic and continuity.
- Assure sales contracts have been properly authorized by sales and accounting management, per Company procedures, prior to entering data into the system.
- Assure that every contract written on behalf of advertisers, networks, syndicators, re firms, or other business partners, is scheduled as ordered. Clarify and confusing, missing and/or missing data. Work closely with Sales and Programming to assure continuity is timely received and executed.
- Manage all commercial inventory in close daily cooperation with sales management, to maximize revenue yield and meet our commitments to advertisers.
- Coordinate with account personnel as necessary so that all advertising is billed as ordered.
- Provide skims, avails and other reports for sales, programming, accounting and management as required.
- Maintain accurate files on all sales contracts so that active contracts are easy to locate and old contracts are accessible. Assure continuity files are organized.
- Revise programming format in the system as requested by program director.
- Report missed tape/spots/programming. Keep accurate records of all make-goods, and be certain make-goods are aired per Company procedures, subject to instructions of Account Executives and/or Sales Management. Keep Sales personnel timely informed of missed spots, make-goods, and/or any changes affecting scheduled commercials.
- Consult with General Sales Manager or VP, Sales on all pre-emption problems, clearance issues, client conflicts or other problems not clearly covered within pre-established guidelines.
- Appropriately clarify any confusing, missing and/or inaccurate data.
- Continually recommend new concepts and procedures for traffic to improve efficiency. Work with corporate IT personnel regarding computer software questions, problems or changes.
- Schedule public service announcements and promotional announcements as requested by management.
- Operate at all times within approved budget.
- Assure traffic/continuity staff interfaces effectively with other departments.
- Communicate time off requests in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with sales staff to ensure that traffic copy is met by the deadline of 2pm Monday - Thursday and by noon on Friday in order to have the log officially closed by 3pm every day.
- Proactively work the logs in advance in the event that emergencies should arise.
- Process continuity including but not limited to receiving tapes, writing production orders, reviewing content, and assigning production of all commercial copy to on-air staff.
- Troubleshoot all continuity and production related problems and issues.
- Communicate with clients to ensure all commercial copy needs are met.
- Receive and process network logs and copy for all stations. â
- Organize and maintain timely and accurate files of production orders.
- Interface effectively with others, both inside and outside the company and project the desired professional company image. Operate within a time-sensitive framework consistent with departmental workload. Assist listeners with questions regarding commercials.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years successful broadcast sales/traffic experience.
- Prior experience demonstrating successful supervisory skills including selecting, training, coaching, regularly appraising performance, and delegating responsibilities to staff and assuring that department functions as a team and contributes to the success and profitability of the station.
- Participate in activities that will contribute to personal growth and professional development through membership in job related organizations, attendance at company sponsored training programs and attendance of courses provided by professional and educational institutions.
- Participate in and actively support Bonneville`s Equal Employment Opportunity policy as it relates to recruitment, selection, evaluation, compensation, training, promotion and termination. Includes being knowledgeable and conversant with the FCC EEO Rules and understanding the compliance issues that safeguard the station`s FCC license.
- Take a proactive role in supporting Bonneville`s policy to prevent harassment of any kind within the workplace, at off-site places of company business and at company-sponsored social venues.
- Ability to establish, nurture and maintain effective communications at all levels of the organization. Maintain a positive rapport with co-workers, vendors and clients.
- Consistently works hours required (8a-5p or 8:30a-5:30p), which may include irregular hours, weekends, holiday, evenings, etc. when necessary to meet deadlines.
- Goal-oriented, self-motivated individual with analytical and quantitative skills capable of independent work and follow-through and working effectively in a team environment.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management and clients.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Participate in and actively support Bonneville`s EEO policy as it relates to recruitment, selection, evaluation, compensation, training, promotion and termination. Includes being knowledgeable and conversant with the FCC EEO Rules effective March 10, 2003, and understanding the compliance issues that safeguard the station`s FCC license.
- Take a proactive role in supporting Bonneville`s policy to prevent harassment of any kind within the workplace, at off-site places of company business and at company-sponsored venues.
- A significant amount of time will be spent outdoors in labor intensive situations.
- Receive, process and maintain information through verbal and/or written communication, effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good hand-eye coordination.
- Lift, move and carry 20 to 50 lbs. frequently; up to 100+ pounds on occasion.
- Must be able to work in a smoke-free environment
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to complete the online application available on our website at www.ktar.com.
Questions can be directed to Human Resources at email@example.com. We do not allow walk-in candidates.
To be considered an application must be submitted by only for current posted position(s).
Resume is accepted only when accompanying our application. Unsolicited resumes will not be accepted. If you are offered employment by Bonneville International Corporation, you will be asked to sign an agreement to arbitrate any disputes that may arise between you and Bonneville regarding your employment with the company prior to commencing employment with the company.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Bonneville International Corporation participates in E-Verify and complies with all right to work laws.