KSL TV Outdoors Show Internship (Summer or Fall Semester)
Posted on 2013-05-09
By KSL Broadcast Group KSL Broadcast Group
Salt Lake City, UT
POSITION OBJECTIVE: KSL is pleased to announce the availability of an internship in the TV Outdoors Department. We are looking for students who are interested in a NON-PAID learning opportunity, where they can extend their television broadcasting education beyond the classroom.
PURPOSE: This KSL Outdoors internship is designed to provide students with a strong interest in television outdoors/broadcast journalism an opportunity to gain an insight into the operation of professional TV production.
- Needs to be registered at a university, college, community college or vocational-technical institute on a full-time basis. Priority will be given to students of junior/senior status, or in the last year of a community college or vocational-technical program.
- Prefer someone working towards a degree in broadcast journalism or equivalent. Applicant needs to be in good academic standing.
- Needs to be organized, able to meet deadlines and be a self-starter. Proven ability to be precise and accurate.
- Good writing, production and conversational skills to transmit information clearly and efficiently.
- The internship will cover a quarter/semester period of approximately twenty (20) hours per week, with a schedule to be arranged by the intern, the intern coordinator and the intern's academic advisor.
- Proven ability to handle stress.
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Final discretion as to assignments while participating in the internship program will remain with KSL.
- Persons participating in the KSL Outdoors internship needs to understand that no guarantees are given for future employment. KSL may terminate internship at any time.
- Final selection of a KSL intern from among those expressing interest rests with KSL.
- Must sign and abide by the Internship Agreement. University or college must also sign and abide by the agreement.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the legs, feet, wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 25 pounds on occasion.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- A completed standard employee application form.
- A current academic transcript (preferred).
- A letter from the applicant's university or college verifying arrangement of credit for the internship.
HOW TO APPLY:
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.