KSL TV Transmitter Engineer #3014
Posted on 2013-05-09
By KSL Broadcast Group KSL Broadcast Group
Salt Lake City, UT
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Make full contribution to the Engineering Department at Farnsworth Peak by ensuring all signal processing and signal handling equipment performs reliably and within the correct FCC and KSL-TV operating parameters. Maintain Farnsworth Peak building facilities i.e.: power generation, HVAC systems and general routine cleaning. *Note: Management will assign responsibilities on a regular and/or rotating basis depending upon the need and proven capabilities and the need to provide expertise for the future.
- BSEE, BSET, AASET, related field or equivalent military or technical training.
- SBE certification of senior broadcast engineer level or a 1st class FCC license.
- Five (5) years full-time television maintenance, or equivalent experience including:
- Designing and/or maintaining electrical power systems, including grounding systems.
- Installing and maintaining FM and TV transmission equipment such as: High Voltage, High power UHF and VHF transmitters, microwaves, stereo generators, etc.
- Knowledge of FCC rules and regulations regarding television broadcasting.
- Water cooled transmitter maintenance, joints, water treatment, glycol, etc.
- A working knowledge or understanding of transmitter/site control systems.
- An understanding of 8VSB modulation, mask requirement, and associated test equipment.
- Experience in operating personal computers and prefer some maintenance background in maintaining PC's including networking and network wiring standards.
- Ability to exhibit self-motivation and the ability to coordinate and timely complete complex tasks involving new or constantly changing situations.
- Efficient work habits as work performed affects the ability of others to do their work. Performance also has a long-term, continuing financial effect on the company's image and ability to compete.
- Proven ability to make competent judgements as to the technical quality of RF, video, and audio signals.
- Ability to correctly and timely solve unanticipated problems or perform unscheduled assignments that demand immediate attention.
- Consistently works hours required. Works more when required to meet deadlines including irregular hours, long and unscheduled hours, be on-call as required, weekends, holidays, overtime, etc.
- Proven ability to handle stress.
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- The worker is subject to safely, accurately, and timely perform assigned functions in an isolated environment at a remote location. Finalist will be required to pass an examination by the company doctor.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 50 pounds on occasion.
- Good eye coordination with the ability to distinguish between different colored electrical wires.
- Free of an uncorrectable impairment, which would preclude functioning effectively in rarified air at high altitude.
- Free of an uncorrectable emotional instability which would make working in an isolated environment undesirable.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- A substantial physical movement (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching on narrow, slippery or erratically moving surfaces.
HOW TO APPLY:
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.