Posted on 2013-04-29
By KTVX/KUCW Nexstar
Salt Lake City, UT
The Director coordinates the efforts of all technical operators during newscasts and other live and recorded productions.
- Coordinates the efforts of all technical operators during newscasts and other live and recorded productions.
- Supervises and assigns duties to workers engaged in technical control and production of programs.
- Observes pictures through monitors, and directs camera/video staff concerning composition.
- Acts as a liaison between engineering and production departments.
- Works with the news producers to deliver a clean and high energy newscast.
- Trains camera, audio, and CG operators on the proper operation during live broadcasts.
- Switches video sources and given direction at the same time during live broadcasts.
- Tests equipment to ensure proper operation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Minimum two years` experience in news operations and production. (More or less depending on market size.)
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Proficiency with broadcast control equipment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Please send resume to:
Attn: Rob Tompkins
2175 West 1700 South
Salt Lake City, Utah 84104
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE