KTUU-TV Master Control Op, Full-Time, Temporary
Posted on 2013-04-26
By Alaska Broadcasters Association Alaska Broadcasters Association
KTUU, an award-winning station in Anchorage, Alaska, is seeking a full-time, temporary Master Control Operator. This position is responsible for switching all logged commercial and program content on KTUU`s broadcast signal(s), monitoring and maintaining the technical quality of that content - as well as the quality of the transmission of that content (in conjunction with the Engineering Department) -recording incoming program and commercial feeds as required, and various other related duties. This will be a long-term, temporary assignment, possible leading to a permanent position. We`re seeking someone with, preferably, a year or more experience in the field. A valid driver`s license, with a good driving record, is required, as is a high school degree/GED. Some collegiate or vocational training is preferred.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Switch programs and commercials from video tape, video server, live network, live news and other sources.
- Sign Program Log.
- Check program list and make sure all programs (tapes) scheduled for the shift are on the shelf and all the program episode numbers match the list and log.
- Using timing sheets, calculator and other resources, establish accurate timings for all program and spot content in order to identify all the local break hit times, and keep the on-air product on time.
- Manually time-out any programs having missing or confusing timing sheets, making corrections or additions to the timing sheet(s), as needed.
- Maintain an accurate commercial program log, with clear notations regarding any changes or discrepancies.
- Monitor on-air product.
- Run commercial breaks and write down on the log all the actual times that the commercials run.
- Record incoming program feeds.
- Management of multiple video servers (recording & playback).
- Digitize commercial or promo spots and programs as needed.
- Monitor the EAS and perform tests/alerts - including Amber Alerts - as required.
- Timely communications with other KTUU Departments regarding issues that may arise requiring input, assistance or decisions.
- Log-in to the MCR utility computer for access to the Discrepancy Report form and NBC Urgent Messaging System and Affiliate Partnership Tool.
- Maintain an accurate and complete Discrepancy Report Monitor the status of the broadcast transmitter(s).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficient use of computers, including Microsoft Office and Google.
- Ability to stay focused while monitoring signal quality and programming accuracy.
- Able to handle high-stress situations and pressure deadlines.
- Able to react quickly to changing circumstances while remaining calm.
- Attention to detail.
- Must have good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision; initiative to address issues immediately.
- Able to work well with others in the department, as well as other departments.
- Must be flexible to work any shift including, weekend, overnights and holidays.
- Ability to remain positive and foster a positive work environment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates please visit the following web site: www.schurz.jobs and search Requisition Number KTUU1327 to learn more about the position and apply. NORTHERN LIGHTS MEDIA, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Offers of employment are contingent upon a pre-employment background check.