Posted on 2013-04-23
By CareerPage CareerPage
The Reporter shoots and edits video for newscasts and will gather information and present news reports on air as needed. The reporter will also provide content for the station’s web page and social media sites.
- College degree with an emphasis in Broadcast Communications or Journalism preferred.
- Three years minimum experience preferred including prior news reporting.
- Working knowledge of television news photography and technology.
- Must be able to shoot with an HD video camera and edit video under deadline pressure.
- A valid driver license.
- Creativity, resourcefulness, strong storytelling and organizational skills desired.
- The ability to work well with others is a must, along with a positive can-do attitude.
- Knowledge of the area is a plus.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
- Must be able to shoot with an HD video camera and edit video using non-linear video editing equipment under deadline pressure.
- The ability to conduct effective interviews and gather information.
- Write stories under deadline pressure and appear on camera—both live and recorded.
- Generate content for the station’s web site as well as the station’s social media sites (Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- Hours: Must be available to work all shifts including early mornings, overnights, weekends, and holidays.
HOW TO APPLY:
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. Please apply online by going to www.sbgi.net/employment
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER