KTAR PT Web Content Editor
Posted on 2013-04-16
By KPKX, KTAR, KTAR Bonneville International Corporation
POSITION OBJECTIVE: To update, gather, and create news and sports content for the KTAR and Arizona Sports web sites. Ensure that all content on KTAR.com and ArizonaSports.com is fresh and represents the high standards of the stations’ on-air products. The ideal candidate for this position demonstrates strong editorial skills and sound news judgment with experience reporting or writing for a print publication or online news outlet. This is a unique position that requires extreme flexibility, including some work on weekends, evenings, etc. In addition, the position requires the flexibility and dependability to work additional hours during breaking news and other big news and sports events. Works closely with the digital media team, news and other departments to help make KTAR.com and ArizonaSports.com world class web sites.
- Experience working in a newsroom environment and/or experience writing for print or online sports site or blog. Prefer experience as a print reporter, copy editor and/or web editor.
- Exceptional news writing and sports writing skills including editing and grammar skills. Ability to edit, produce and create accurate, well presented content in a quick, timely manner.
- Must possess typing skills and computer input ability. Basic computer skills and the ability to learn new programs and HTML are required. Must enjoy working with computers and technology.
- Able to produce, gather, edit and update news and sports content for the KTAR web site and the Arizona Sports web site on a daily basis. Will require the production and gathering of text, images, web pages, audio/video, etc. and work closely with others in the newsroom to accomplish this function.
- Able to work independently with little supervision. Requires a track record of dependability and evidence of being a self starter.
- As a key player of the KTAR team, must be willing to offer ideas, suggestions and other concepts for the station’s Internet activities that are innovative and creative. Willingness to support web team and participate in a variety of Internet activities.
- Proven ability to manage stress effectively.
- Willingness to telecommute or work remotely as necessary.
- Work in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients.
- Consistently works hours required. Position requires extreme flexibility: able to work evenings, weekends, odd hours, etc. to ensure that web site is continually updated and fresh. Flexibility to work during breaking news and other big news or sports events required. Willing to update content remotely from home, etc. as needed.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to complete the online application available on our web site at www.ktar.com.
Questions can be directed to Human Resources email@example.com. We do not allow walk-in candidates.
To be considered an application must be submitted only for current posted position(s).
Resume is accepted only when accompanying our application. Unsolicited resumes will not be accepted. If you are offered employment by Bonneville International Corporation, you will be asked to sign an agreement to arbitrate any disputes that may arise between you and Bonneville regarding your employment with the company prior to commencing employment with the company.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Bonneville International Corporation participates in E-Verify and complies with all right to work laws.