KTUU-TV Weekend Director
Posted on 2013-04-10
By Alaska Broadcasters Association Alaska Broadcasters Association
KTUU, an award-winning station in Anchorage, Alaska, is seeking a full-time Weekend Director. The position offers a competitive salary, as well as a comprehensive benefit package, including group health and dental, PTO and 401(k).
This position is responsible for directing newscasts and live or taped special programming, as well as working with graphics for newscasts.
- Must be able to direct and/or technical direct all newscasts as needed by schedule.
- Operate audio board during broadcasts.
- Operate the switcher for newscasts.
- Translate ideas for shots into reality.
- Responsible for construction of still-store graphics.
- Coordination of rundowns and vocal direction of studio crew during the news broadcasts.
- Must be proficient and professional in calling and punching all newscasts.
- Responsible for editing as needed.
- Coordinate training and supervision of production staff with immediate supervisor.
- Produce daily/weekly promos, news updates, and public service announcements when necessary.
- Assume responsibility for the on-air product, studio and/or remote crew.
- Proficiently handle and maintain all equipment relating to the operations department and newscasts.
- Maintain positive and open dialogue with all departments to ensure all newscasts are on the air and run as clean and smoothly as possible.
- Ensure set and talent look their best.
- Run teleprompter for assigned newscasts.
- Operate robotic cameras.
- Do pre-production for news shows/tapings.
- Segment recorded shows.
- Direct other productions and live broadcasts or live-to-tape in studio or on remote location as needed.
- Must be able to operate station vehicle as needed.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
We`re seeking someone with 1-3 years of experience directing live newscasts, with multiple live shots, with three or more years experience in broadcasting strongly preferred. A valid driver`s license, with a good driving record, is required, as is an Associate`s degree or some collegiate education. A degree is preferred.
- Working knowledge of studio cameras, Final Cut Pro, Chyron, Photoshop, audio and lighting.
- Must have a good working knowledge of video switchers, still stores, video editors, and multiple tape and tapeless formats.
- Must have strong knowledge of television production.
- Able to direct and call commands/instructions during newscasts.
- Knowledge of non-linear editing software.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal direction.
- Experience with Photoshop, After Affects, Xpression all a plus.
- Assist in turning in microwave and satellite-based live shots.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, as well as broadcast experience.
- Flexible to work other shifts.
- Able to handle high stress situations and pressure deadlines.
- Able to react quickly to changing circumstances while remaining calm.
- Strong initiative and attention to detail.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Able to work with other departments and work well in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to remain positive and foster a positive work environment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates please visit the following web site: www.schurz.jobs and search Requisition Number KTUU1297 to learn more about the position and apply. NORTHERN LIGHTS MEDIA, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Offers of employment are contingent upon a pre-employment background check.