KTUU-TV Production Assistant
Posted on 2013-04-10
By Alaska Broadcasters Association Alaska Broadcasters Association
KTUU, an award-winning station in Anchorage, Alaska, is seeking a full-time Production Assistant. This position is responsible for operating broadcast production equipment for producing newscasts and other special programming, and is also responsible for camera shots, audio, and technical direction of the newscasts. The position offers a competitive salary, as well as a comprehensive benefit package, including group health, PTO and 401(k).
- Operate studio camera and Chyron as directed by Producer and/or Director during newscasts or other special programming.
- Responsible for operating the teleprompter, controlling the pace.
- Use non-linear editing when necessary.
- Operate audio board during newscasts or other special programming.
- Operate stationary or robotic cameras as needed.
- Create on-air graphics.
- Responsible for the input and recall of all news graphics for daily newscasts and the construction and input of graphic elements for all production in studio, and for mobile services.
- Communicate instructions to talent and guests during live and live-on-tape productions.
- Produce daily/weekly promos.
- Able to perform routine studio and set maintenance, including regularly checking and changing studio lights.
- Responsible to make sure studio is clean; ensure set and talent look their best.
- May be required to operate station vehicles as required.
- Will be required to operate field cameras and lighting equipment as required, while assisting with remote production events.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
We`re seeking someone with 6 months of experience in the field, with previous news operation experience in a live broadcast environment preferred. A valid driver`s license, with a good driving record, is required, as is a high school degree/GED. Some collegiate or vocational training is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of television production.
- Photoshop and After Effects experience a plus. Must be able to perform routine studio and set maintenance.
- Responsible for checking and changing studio lights and microphones.
- Basic knowledge of audio levels.
- Strong initiative and attention to detail.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal direction.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of studio cameras, Final-Cut Pro, Chyron, and Photoshop.
- Must be able to handle high-stress situations and pressure deadlines.
- Must be able to work with other departments and work well in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to remain positive and foster a positive work environment.
- Must have an energetic attitude and be able to represent the TV station in public in a positive, professional manner.
- Must be flexible to work other shifts as needed.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates please visit the following web site: www.schurz.jobs and search Requisition Numbers KTUU1300 to learn more about the position and apply. NORTHERN LIGHTS MEDIA, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Offers of employment are contingent upon a pre-employment background check.