Posted on 2013-04-04
By KWCH and KSCW Schurz Communications Inc.
Sunflower Broadcasting, Wichita, KS (DMA)
Sunflower Broadcasting, Inc., consisting of KWCH-TV, KSCW-TV, and satellite stations KBSD-TV, KBSH-TV, and KBSL-TV, is currently accepting applications for a full-time Production Supervisor. Join the dominant news station in Kansas and work in a new, state-of-the-art newsroom.
We’re seeking someone with 5+ years of television production experience, with prior supervisory experience preferred. The Production Supervisor is responsible for planning and supervising the production department, including budget, personnel and equipment.
An Associate`s degree, or some secondary education, and a valid driver`s license with a good driving record, are required.
- Direct and manage the personnel responsible for producing and/or directing newscasts and other special programming, including creating schedules, reports, and approving timecards (less than 50% of the time)
- Interview, select, train, develop and coach production staff
- Conduct performance evaluations
- Develop and enhance procedures to ensure production quality expectations are met
- Collaborate with newsroom managers regarding production requirements for on-location and/or other special programming
- Create and manage departmental budget
- Provide input in creation of capital budget requests for equipment and systems
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Direct and/or TD newscasts
- Responsible for studio lighting and set-up when necessary
Essential Skills & Abilities
- Strong knowledge of, and hands-on experience in, television production
- Strong knowledge of studio cameras, Vizrt, Ross switchers, and audio,
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Advanced computer skills to create schedules and reports
- Must be flexible to other shifts
- Must be able to handle high-stress situations and pressure deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to coach and develop staff members
- Strong leadership skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Be organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to remain positive and foster a positive work environment
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates please visit the following web site: www.schurz.jobs and search Requisition Number SUN1282 to learn more about the position and apply.