Local Sales Manager
Posted on 2013-04-03
KTVK-3TV is accepting applications for the position of Local Sales Manager.
KTVK-3TV is part of Belo Corp., one of the nation’s largest pure play media companies with a diversified group of market-leading television and interactive media assets. KTVK-3TV, one of the top Independent Stations in the country, produces (9) hours of local news daily (M-F), centered on the Valley community. Home of Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, Dr. Oz and Entertainment Tonight.
Seeking an experienced media sales leader with focus on creativity, employee engagement and solutions to lead a team of media Account Executives to exceed audience share of market and exceed billing goals. Manage all aspects of local sales including coaching and developing staff, creating and implementing new business sales packages, overseeing sales promotions, managing inventory, forecasting revenue and recruiting and retaining top sales Account Executives.
- Responsible for recruiting, developing and motivating a local sales staff.
- Supervise local staff in negotiating, packaging and selling of station inventory.
- Generate revenue for the station through increased shares of existing business, the addition of new business and the development of NTR business.
- Develop and execute special projects and promotions.
- Assist in accurately forecasting revenue throughout year & exceed quarterly & annual budget
- Ability to build strong relationships with agencies and clients through strong verbal/written communication skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Periodic travel & entertainment is required.
Minimum of (4) four years of broadcast/media sales management experience preferred. Must have a proven track record of accomplishments and possess comprehensive communication and sales skills with the ability to develop effective sales presentations. Applicant must be an experienced leader and motivator with expertise in achieving and exceeding sales goals. Enthusiasm, creativity and a strong background in agency business and new business development are a must. Team player, an excellent problem-solver, and have the ability to develop, maintain, and grow client relationships. Computer literate, with a knowledge of various TV sales software systems, as well as Microsoft Word, Excel & Power Point required. Minimum college degree and a valid driver`s license are required.
HOW TO APPLY:
We offer an outstanding salary and bonus package with benefits date of hire, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off, and 401(k). Our team members also enjoy working in the fun and exciting atmosphere of a major media organization with local and national advancement opportunities.
If you qualify for the position, please send your resume, referencing Local Sales Manager, to Director of Sales/Belo Phoenix: 5555 N. 7th Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85013. email@example.com Fax 602-207-3336. EOE. www.azfamily.com
Belo Corp. (NYSE: BLC)
It is the policy of this station not to discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of the person's age, race, color, creed, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, or any other protected classes. Discriminatory practices are specifically prohibited by Belo and the Federal Communications Commission.