Posted on 2013-04-01
By KTVX/KUCW Nexstar
Salt Lake City, UT
The Assignments Editor or Manager answers incoming news calls and assigns daily news stories according to the news personnel available.
- Tracks stories from all sources including government agencies, wire services and community groups.
- Dispatches photographers, reporters and other personnel to cover stories.
- Coordinates logistics for news personnel.
- Participates in daily story meetings and supplies a comprehensive list of all possible news stories, and works with the News Director to develop plans for all broadcasts.
- Assists in development, planning and follow-up of all news stories.
- Edits video clips as assigned.
- Writes stories for the web and other eMedia platforms.
- Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor`s degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Minimum two years` experience in news operations.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Flexibility to work any shift.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send resume to:
Attn: Max Calise
2175 West 1700 South
Salt Lake City, Utah 84104
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE