News Technical Director
Posted on 2014-01-31
By WUVG TV Channel 34 WUVG TV Channel 34
Univision Atlanta seeks a Technical Director for the News department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Technical directing of daily newscasts 6pm and 11pm, live updates, and special recordings of segments and franchises.
- Responsible for editing stories and packages for daily live newscasts working with Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier Pro.
- Responsible of creating graphics in Photoshop for preparation in character generator software VizRT.
- Work with iNews daily for preparation of newscasts.
- Works with news anchor and producer to execute creative flow of broadcasts.
- Track all recorded feeds and track tape archival system.
- Supervise technical newscast crew to ensure efficiency in all areas.
- Assist with the constant revamping of studio shots and looks, including audio and lights set up for all on air entities.
- Availability to work on special projects and on all technical positions on the field.
- Able to work at fast pace and under tight deadlines, under news director guidance.
- Must maintain a good driving record.
- Must be able to lift, set up, operate, and take down production equipment.
- Must know how to use field and studio cameras.
- Knowledge of newsroom operations and technical requirements to have show on-air, cue terms and signals.
- Ability to cut the in-house videos prior to pre-show directing duties.
- Ability to work well under pressure, respond quickly to changes and handle simultaneous tasks.
- Ability to make solid news judgments
- Schedule must be extremely flexible; available for any last minute assignments and able to work weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Knowledge of all aspects of ENG/SNG
- Knowledge of Inews
- Must have a valid Georgia driver`s license and a clean driving record.
- Must have experience in a newsroom with post-production equipment.
- Two years of experience in a similar position is required.
- Fully bilingual (English and Spanish) written and oral required.
- 2 years of college coursework in Television Production or related field preferred, or equivalent work experience required
HOW TO APPLY:
Human Resources (Job# 2014-01)
3350 Peachtree Road Suite 1250
Atlanta, GA 30326
UNIVISION, WUVG-CHANNEL 34 IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND WOMEN AND MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.