Business Development Coordinator
Posted on 2013-04-01
By WGVU Public Media WGVU Public Media
Grand Rapids, MI
WGVU Public Media is seeking a Business Development Coordinator. Primary responsibilities are to expand and maintain sponsors of WGVU Public Media programming and events.
- Personally call on and develop customer contacts in the West and Southwest Michigan region.
- Meet and exceed monthly sales revenue quota.
- Sell new business sponsorship customers for WGVU.
- Maintain and expand business from current WGVU sponsors.
- Participate and assist WGVU staff with volunteer functions as needed.
- Attend community meetings and events to represent WGVU in the community.
- Handle paperwork and complete all required tasks to properly service customer needs.
- Communicate effectively with customers and station personnel to provide the highest level of service to our customers.
- Represent WGVU with professionalism and integrity.
- Solicit support for WGVU Public Media on radio and television.
Prior outside sales experience required. Basic computer skills required. Word processing, spreadsheet, web and database experience required. Must have proven successful selling experience including record of meeting and exceeding sales goals, good presentation skills and history of excellent customer service. Strong writing skills, attention to detail, superior organizational skills and the ability to work independently and with others are required. Willingness to be on television and radio. Valid driver's license is required. Must have own reliable transportation.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at www.gvsujobs.org Click "Apply to this Posting." Include a cover letter and resume. The online system will allow you to attach these documents electronically. If you have any questions or need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.