Morning News Anchor
Posted on 2013-03-28
By KTVX/KUCW Nexstar
Salt Lake City, UT
The Morning News Anchor serves as the primary presenter of news stories and other content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
- Presents news stories and other content for all platforms.
- Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
- Writes and delivers news stories in a clear and concise manner.
- Produces newscasts and communicates clear direction with team members.
- Assists in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating news programming and other content.
- Acts as a field reporter as assigned.
- Conducts interviews with news personnel and others.
- Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
- Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Edits video clips as assigned.
- Writes content for the website and other eMedia platforms.
- Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
- Bachelor`s degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
- Minimum five years` experience in news reporting or anchoring. (More or less depending on market size.)
- Superior on-air presence.
- Excellent news judgment with an expansive knowledge of local and national current events, history, newsmakers and issues.
- Experience guiding, directing and motivating others.
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
- Valid driver`s license with a good driving record.
- Flexibility to work any shift.
The Morning News Anchor must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition the Morning News Anchor must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send resume to:
ABC4UTAH - KTVX
Attn: George Severson
2175 West 1700 South
Salt Lake City, Utah 84104
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE